This oven-cooked brisket is a very delicious and comforting dish for everyone. Making brisket in the oven can be difficult, but once you know how to cook brisket, you will see that it’s an easy recipe compared to another roast. There are so many recipes for this dish but this recipe is very simple.
If you are a noob, no worries because by this tutorial, you will master this recipe. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the easy process of making a delicious and flavorful masterpiece that will make your taste buds happy. So get ready, heat up, and start cooking the perfect brisket for the fall season.
How To Make A Fall Apart Brisket In The Oven?
- Prep Time- 10 minutes
- Cook Time- 5 hours
- Total Time- 5 hours 10 minutes
- 3-4 lb beef brisket
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon salt,
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp of paprika
- 2 cups of vegetable or beef broth were used.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder.
- 3 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/2 cup ketchup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a mixing basin, combine the dry ingredients.
- Wash the brisket and dry it with a paper towel. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the meat flat on a cutting board. Sprinkle half of the rub on the top and gently press it onto the meat to create a thick coating. Turn the meat over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Place aluminum foil in a baking sheet and place the brisket on the top. Let the extra seasonings fall on the cutting board.
- Pour the extra liquid from the cutting board on the meat and press it down again. Cover the pan with foil and place the meat on top.
- Cook the meat in the oven for 3 hours. Before taking it out from the oven, put the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove. Let it boil until the onions become softened.
- Take the meat out from the oven, and remove the foil. Then, pour 1/3 or 1/2 sauce over the meat. (If the pan’s sides are not too high, then put 1/3).
- Put the foil back on the top of the meat and put it back into the oven for 1.5 hours to 2 hours, until the meat is easily pierced with a fork.
- Now remove the foil and cook it for 30 minutes, so that outsides of the meat can nice and brown.
- Put out the pan from oven. Cover the meat with foil again and let it rest for 30 minutes before from slicing it. Pour the remaining sauce on the top of the meat to make it soft and serve it with a side dish.
Side Dishes For Oven Cooked Fall Apart Brisket
Combining the delicious taste of oven cooked brisket with side dishes that go well together is important for making a complete and enjoyable dish. Here are some delicious side dishes that go well with tender oven cooked brisket in the fall.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Smooth mashed potatoes mixed with roasted garlic are a delicious and traditional side dish that goes well with the rich flavors of brisket.
Roasted Root Vegetables
A mix of carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes are cooked with olive oil and herbs until they are just right. This adds a rustic flavor and sweetness that complements the tasty brisket.
Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts cooked with a sprucy sauce and roasted until they turn crispy have a delicious mix of sweet and crunchy flavors.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Enjoy the deliciousness of baked macaroni and cheese. The melty cheese and soft texture go well with the strong flavors of the brisket.
Cranberry Orange Relish
A tart and slightly sweet cranberry orange sauce adds a pop of freshness, balancing out the richness of the brisket.
Soft, creamy cornbread squares or muffins are a tasty side dish that absorbs the flavorful juices from the brisket.
A delicious and creamy coleslaw adds a crunchy contrast to the tender brisket, giving a refreshing taste.
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Baked small potatoes flavored with rosemary and garlic enhance the delicious flavors of the brisket and provide a nice contrast in texture.
Bourbon Glazed Carrots
Carrots cooked with a little bourbon have a sweet and savory taste that makes the meal taste even better.
Sauteed Green Beans with Almonds
Cooked green beans with almonds are a colorful and crispy side dish that adds a fancy touch to your autumn meal.
How To Store And Serve Oven Cooked Fall Apart Brisket?
To keep oven-cooked brisket fresh, let it cool a bit before putting it in a sealed container or wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge within two hours of cooking to keep it safe to eat. You can store it in the fridge for up to four days or freeze it to keep it for longer.
When you are ready to serve, heat the brisket slowly to keep it tender. Turn on the oven to a low temperature, about 250°F (120°C), and put the brisket in a covered dish with some liquid, like broth or barbecue sauce, to stop it from drying out.
Another option is to use a slow cooker or sous vide method to reheat. Heat it until the inside temperature reaches around 165°F (74°C) so that the meat stays moist and tasty.
To serve, cut the brisket in a way that goes against the direction of the muscle fibers to make it as tender as possible. Put it on a plate with the liquid it was cooked in or a sauce that goes well with it.
Serve it with the side dishes we recommended earlier, such as mashed potatoes with garlic or Brussels sprouts with maple glaze, for a complete and satisfying meal. The tender and flavorful brisket will surely be the main attraction of a wonderful dining experience.
As you enjoy the delicious outcome of your cooking, remember that making a tender brisket in the oven is more than just a meal—it’s about creating a special experience. Whether you’re having a party or a relaxed evening at home, this recipe guarantees a mix of flavors and tenderness that perfectly represents autumn. So, go ahead, cut a piece, and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after a day spent cooking. Your autumn meals will never be as good.
Thanks for reading. I hope you find it interesting.